- Prime Requisite: Strength. Other Requirements: Constitution 9, or better.
- Experience Bonus: 5% for Strength 13-15; 10% for Strength 16-18.
- Hit Dice: 1d8 per level up to 9th level. Starting with 10th level, +2 hp per level and Constitution adjustments no longer apply.
- Maximum Level: 12 (36, if optional rules are used.)
- Armor: Any; shields permitted.
- Weapons: Any.
- Special Abilities: Fighter Maneuvers (Lance Attack and Set Spear vs. Charge maneuvers at 1st level; at 660,000 XP, Fighter Combat Options); extra languages (Orc and player’s choice of: Ogre or Goblin); infravision; Hear Noise; Detect by Smell
Half-orcs stand between 5 1/2 and 6 feet tall, weighing in around 200 pounds. They are stocky, with course black or brown hair, dark skin and dark eyes. Some half-orcs have reddish hair, and lighter color eyes are not unknown, just very rare.
- Combat Chart: Dwarf, if optional rules are used, half-orcs attack as fighters.
- Saving Throws: Fighter. Half-orcs receive a +3 bonus on saves vs. Poison.
- Hear Noise: This ability works exactly the same as the Thief ability with the same name.
- Detect by Smell: This ability allows the half-orc to detect, and possibly follow, various scents that are beyond the smell of humans. The half-orc may be able to detect someone who is following the party (provided they have a scent,) or poisons in food, etc.
|Level||XP||Attack Rank||Hear Noise||Detect Smell|
* Gain Fighter Combat Options: Two attacks are possible at this level.
** Three attacks per round are possible at this level.
If optional rules are used for level advancement, half-orcs advance exactly as do dwarves (page 266, Rules Cyclopedia.)